Water Department Information
The Hexagram system is state of the art and it is more accurate than a dial system. Hexagram will allow the Village to give better service to its residents in several ways. One of which is that we will not have to depend on outside source to read the meters. A simple example of how the system works is the new meter has no outside dial and has a MTU (,meter transmission unit/small gray box) attached to it. This MTU acts similar to a cell phone but will never lose a call and the battery is good for twenty years. A data collection unit (DCU) collects all the water usage information for your home or business and is then forwarded to the Village Hall. Hexagram also reads in gallons.
The Water Department takes water samples weekly, monthly and quarterly. These samples are collected at different sites throughout the town. The samples taken weekly are checked for bacteria and chlorine. Samples collected bi-weekly are checked for phosphates.
Samples collected quarterly are checked for trihclomethanes and haleoactic acids.
If a resident is doing remodeling or plumbing work and needs their water shut off outside, the Water Department will provide this service at no charge however a twenty-four hour notice is required unless it is an emergency. The Water Department is on call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred sixty-five days a year should you need their assistance.
As stated above, the Water Department operates and maintains the Villageâ€™s water reservoir pump station, sewer systems, and all fire hydrants and listed below are some additional services provided to the residents:
- Potable drinking water is supplied to each home and business;
- A waste line is supplied from the curb to the main sewer line;
- Water meters are replaced;
- Water samples are collected on a weekly, bi-weekly and quarterly basis.
- The Water Department conducts regular inspections of all fire hydrants, including hydrant flushing;
- All corner and side basins are cleaned with a vactor and repaired and/or replaced when needed;
- Sewer line from the curb to the main sewer is repaired and replaced when needed;
- Buffalo Box/round way (water valve in front of house) is replaced when needed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Water Department at 708-452-3908.