Water Department Information
The Water Department takes water samples weekly, monthly and quarterly. These samples are collected at different sites throughout the town. The samples taken weekly are checked for bacteria and chlorine. Samples collected bi-weekly are checked for phosphates.
Samples collected quarterly are checked for trihclomethanes and haleoactic acids.
If a resident is doing remodeling or plumbing work and needs their water shut off outside, the Water Department will provide this service at no charge however a twenty-four hour notice is required unless it is an emergency. The Water Department is on call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred sixty-five days a year should you need their assistance.
As stated above, the Water Department operates and maintains the Villageâ€™s water reservoir pump station, sewer systems, and all fire hydrants and listed below are some additional services provided to the residents:
- Potable drinking water is supplied to each home and business;
- A waste line is supplied from the curb to the main sewer line;
- Water meters are replaced;
- Water samples are collected on a weekly, bi-weekly and quarterly basis.
- The Water Department conducts regular inspections of all fire hydrants, including hydrant flushing;
- All corner and side basins are cleaned with a vactor and repaired and/or replaced when needed;
- Sewer line from the curb to the main sewer is repaired and replaced when needed;
- Buffalo Box/round way (water valve in front of house) is replaced when needed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Water Department at 708-452-3908.