Water Usage Facts
Believe it or not, the average water usage per person per day is 200 gallons.
- Showering wet down, soap up, rinse off = 4 gallons
- Brushing teeth wet brush, rinse briefly, = Â½ gallon
- Shaving, fill sink basin = 1 gallon
- Washing hands fill sink basin = 1 gallon
- Tub bath minimal water level = 10 to 12 gallons
- Flushing toilet using a smaller tank = 4 to 6 gallons
- Dishwashing washing and rinsing in the sink = 5 gallons
- Automatic dishwasher short cycle = 7 gallons
- Washing machine short cycle with minimal water level = 27 gallons
- Outdoor watering average hose = 10 gallons per minute
- Leaks – even a small drip can add up to 25 gallons per day
The above gallon usage is calculated minimally. You can count on using quite a bit more if you leave the water running while brushing your teeth, shaving, washing the dishes, using old toilets that require more water, running the dishwasher and washing machines on longer cycles and filling the bath tub to the top. Remember, water is not cheap or limitless.
Please use this natural resource wisely and save on your water bill.