Entry Level Police Officer Testing Village of Elmwood Park
The Village of Elmwood Park, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking qualified applicants for employment to establish an eligibility list for the position of entry level police officer.
- Applications will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Villageof Elmwood Park.
- Applicants must have an associate’s degree or 60 hours of college credit. A copy of a diploma and/or college transcripts must be submitted with each application or such applicant will not be eligible to participate in the testing process. Applicants must also provide a copy of any Military Service Records, Discharge Papers, and a copy of their current driver’s license, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate. Veterans must submit a copy of their DD214 form to become eligible for five preference points.
- All applicants must have successfully completed the Power Test and shall be required to present valid current dated documentation of having successfully completed such Power Test on or before the date of the written examination to participate in the testing process.
- Applicants must have their current Driver’s License (expired or suspended license or tickets are not acceptable), or entrance into the Mandatory Orientation will not be allowed.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants must be under 35 years of age, except as provided in 65 IL CS 5/10-2.1-6 (d).
- Applications may only be obtained in person at the Village Hall, located at 11 Conti Parkway in Elmwood Park, Illinois. Applications will not be mailed or emailed to Applicants.
Applications must be returned to the Elmwood Park Village Hall, 11 Conti Parkway, Elmwood Park, IL 60707. The deadline for the receipt of applications is 5:00 p.m. Friday, July 22, 2016. Applications must be received at the Village Hall by either personal delivery or by mail delivery no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 22, 2016, or the application will not be accepted. Applications must be accompanied by a $30.00 non-refundable application fee to be paid by money order or check made payable to the Village of Elmwood Park. Applicants may pay by credit card at the time of delivery of the application at 11 Conti Parkway, Elmwood Park.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 13, 2016 with the WRITTEN EXAMINATION immediately following at the Parks and Recreation Center, 2 Conti Parkway, Elmwood Park, Illinois, 60707. Failure to attend the orientation/written examination eliminates the applicant from proceeding further in the testing process and the $30.00 application fee will not be refunded.
The employment link below is not the correct document for this employment opportunity. Please see the Village Hall at 11 Conti Parkway for a form.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
None At This Time
None At This Time
All applications must be printed and submitted to the Village Hall for review. No emailed applications will be accepted. A link to the application is below.